Activity Hub Resource
CLOSED – Donegal COVID-19 Sports Club Small Grant Scheme
THIS FUNDING IS NOW CLOSED
Sports Clubs in Donegal can now apply for COVID-19 Club Small Grants of up to €1,500 through Donegal Sports Partnership
The COVID-19 Club Small Grant Scheme is part of a series of COVID-19 related funding schemes from Sport Ireland, following the announcement of €70 million of funding by the Government to support the sports sector in response to the Covid-19 crisis. The COVID-19 Club Small Grant Scheme will be implemented by Sport Ireland’s network of Local Sports Partnerships and will provide assistance to local clubs with covering costs associated with the reopening of sports clubs. This scheme is separate to the Sports Club Resilience Fund, which will be delivered through National Governing Bodies of Sport.
This grant is designed to support sports clubs that do not have the finances to implement COVID-19 related hygiene and social distancing protocols. The COVID-19 Club Small Grants can be used to support COVID-19 related expenditure dating from 2nd May 2020 on-wards (Date of publication of Government road map to recovery). As the total fund available is limited, clubs which already have the finances to implement COVID-19 protocols should not apply.
This grant scheme is designed and intended to support return to sporting activities only and cannot be used to support COVID-19 costs related to hospitality services such as bars or restaurants within sports facilities.
The scheme will be based on identified needs. Donegal Sports Partnership and Sport Ireland will work together to ensure that the investment is distributed fairly and every effort will be made to ensure that the wider sports community benefits from this scheme. There is a €1,500 limit per club on this grant scheme however applications will be means tested and only clubs with the most need will be eligible for the full amount. Clubs should not feel that they have to apply for the full amount to be considered for support.
Speaking regarding the launch of the COVID-19 Club Small Grant Scheme, LSP Coordinator with Donegal Sports Partnership, Myles Sweeney, said “Donegal Sports Partnership welcomes the announcement of financial support for sports clubs across Ireland and encourages all sports clubs in County Donegal to assess their need for financial support towards COVID-19 related hygiene and social distancing protocols.”
Clubs are advised to contact Donegal Sports Partnership for further information on this scheme
- Only one application can be submitted per sport club
- Applications to Donegal Sports Partnership are only applicable to clubs based within County Donegal
- Funding applications must be submitted via the online application form on www.activedonegal.com website or through the attached link.
- ONLINE APPLICATION FORM: CLOSED AS OF 12:00 WEDNESDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER 2020
- Clubs must ensure that, where available, they prioritise the application for funding support via their National Governing Body or relevant representative body. Funding support for the same purpose should not be sought from multiple sources.
- CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY 9th SEPTEMBER 2020 (12:00 noon)
- Late applications will not be considered. (Terms and Conditions apply – see attached document for details.)
Maggie Farrelly, Education & Training Coordinator Email: Maggie@activedonegal.com
Myles Sweeney, Coordinator Donegal Sports Partnership Email: email@example.com